Friday, January 30, 2009

Relief

Big news: I got some sleep! And today was a day off of training, so I got rest, too! And the heat broke this afternoon! I feel like it's Christmas (although much much hotter than the one I'm used to).

Today was really mellow, lots of chatting, a bit of reading and a nice long sit at the beach. I had intended to go swimming, but at the last minute a few boys decided to move their base of operation directly in front of me and it just isn't a good idea to give them any sort of show (a super-white chick with very blond hair in a bathing suit is a major show).

Much of the afternoon seemed like a dream, the breeze was so nice and finally cooling. The sun was shimmering on the water, and the birds seemed to be flying just for the sheer pleasure of free gliding.

After the beach and a shower Sherifka stopped by for a very quick chat and to see if we're staying at this house, or moving to the main house when it opens up on Monday. We decided to give it one more night to see if the noise is manageable. If I can sleep, I'd sure love to stay put.

I do have to admit to some apprehension about starting treatment in a week. Janet is getting hers now, and she thinks it's great, but we hear her moaning and groaning during the treatment. Yikes!

We'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment