Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Not Getting any Easier, BUT..

So I took the morning off of practice. With all the moving and intruders, I haven't really slept well & it all caught up with me today. It felt great to get some extra sleep, plus afternoon practices are supposed to be lighter, so I thought no big deal, just an easy day today. Wrong again...

Each day I have been learning a new technique, or a new form & I keep thinking "this is the hardest thing I have ever done, this is probably where I'll stop". The next day, somehow I have more energy & power & they give me the next hardest thing to do. It's amazing, but tough! Today's afternoon practice may have been the toughest yet (for the Kalari crew in Utah: we did Shakti forms 1, 3, 4 & 5 + two southern forms+ all the other stuff...INSANE!). I don't know how I made it.

I really think it's the magic of the clay, the oil & the power of the teachers here that keeps me able to sustain this level of training. Also, that the practice itself is so highly potent. The opportunity to study in a direct lineage, with an unbroken practice is so rare, I can feel the power of the practice itself being transmitted to me, and it is a truly awesome feeling.

As for Milton, we had a brief conversation about Snow & he's not that into it, so it's goodbye for now. I am going back to that house tomorrow (just to get a few things left behind, not moving), so hope to get a picture & as soon as I can post them, you can meet him too. It was sad, but I think it's for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment