Friday, January 23, 2009

Bow to your neighbor, do-see-do

Moving day.
Up until today, there have been four of us staying here: Gerhard, me, Manuel & Janet (both from Munich~Janet is Manuel's student). It has been a great group dynamic & we all really like each other.

Manuel is a total maniac who likes to watch "VH1's 'Rock of Love' with Brett Michaels" and learn American dude lingo-also, he is an animal in the Kalari, really works hard, and breaks the short sticks every time he uses them.
Janet is absolutely lovely, takes a dunk in the ocean at least twice a day, goes to town for cookies every other day, & has a really strong long stick practice. I taught her how to play Gin & now she's hooked & kicking Manuel's arse.

But as goes life, change today. We now have met Dagmar (Hamburg), Xinia (Cologne), and Sam (England) ~all lovely & Manuel is off to travel for two weeks. He will be missed for sure, I am glad I get to see him before I leave.

Gerhard & I just moved in to a new place which is really nice & I even have my own bathroom with a real shower head! (still no hot water, but GREAT!) Now we have to go back to the other place for meals, but I really like it here. It is quiet & for some reason, a bit cooler & less mosquitoes. My poor legs really need a break from the little buggers.

With the Kerala shuffle going on + feeling just a little weak from yesterdays adventure with fruit it was really great to have a rest & a long soak in the ocean this afternoon. I felt so good that I even ate a full dinner tonight- a first!

Looking forward to practice tomorrow with the new crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment