Thursday, January 22, 2009

Does this fruit taste kinda funny?

Uh oh..
SO- we eat unusually here. Because all life revolves around practice, we eat a big meal after practice in the morning, and only fruit for lunch.

This usually works well, BUT today something tasted a little off. I should have stopped after the 1st weird flavor, but this morning at practice, I was told to eat more to sustain strength. I felt okay after, but then got a tiny little fever, which went away just before 2nd practice, so I went. Not a good idea.

I stopped about halfway through & could only sit on the steps (cool clay on feet= good, moving= bad). We came home for showers & dinner & I knew it was bad when I looked at the food. Sherifka came over & took me to the Avurvedic Dr. right away (I think he was wondering exactly how white I could get). I felt like a jackass.

The unbelievable thing is that I am writing now.

That Dr. is my new best friend- although not when he was thrusting his fingers in my gut to feel the extent of the problem. I am learning that the Indian way is very direct & very efficient, no mamby pamby, 'how does this feel', just straight to it! The medicines here are also like little miracles (although not tasty, effective). I feel a little weak, but 100% better than just 2 hours ago. It simply is amazing.

No practice tomorrow, but looking forward to a new adventure, preferably one that is NOT gastro-intestinal.

No comments:

Post a Comment